I am currently not offering in-person consultations as I am following COVID-19 government guidelines to minimize the risk of infection. However, I am offering online consultations at the present moment.
I offer private lactation consultations in the comfort of your home, my home Clinic or in hospital (I cover most South West London post codes) lasting usually 2 hours long and they include:
- Full clinical history
- Tools and ideas to be able to breastfeed more easily
- Help with positioning and attachment
- A full infant oral anatomy and sucking assessment
- A full infant physical assessment
- Baby ‘s weight (if needed) measured by the scales I bring with me
- Answers to any breastfeeding questions you may have
- Leaflets relevant to your situation to accompany evidence-based information given during the consultation
- Maternal breast assessment if needed
- A treatment and follow up plan tailored to your needs taking into consideration your lifestyle, limitations, and preferences to meet your breastfeeding goals
- Follow up as needed by phone/email/text or in person if needed
- Double electric pump for rent if needed
Some of the most common breastfeeding challenges include:
- Difficulty with position and attachment
- Non-latching babies
- Nipple trauma
- Not enough milk
- Premature infants
- Tongue tie
- Breast refusal or nursing strikes (including post Frenulotomy)
- Milk supply issues (low supply or over supply)
- Mastitis / Plugged ducts / Abscess
- Weight concerns
- Expressing of breast milk
- Alternative ways of feeding expressed breast milk
- Nipple confusion / preference
- Returning to work
- Weaning and introducing solids
- Breast augmentation and reduction
- Breastfeeding multiples
If it becomes evident that a tongue tie may be impacting on breastfeeding, I can refer you to your local NHS tongue tie clinic or to a private tongue tie specialist in your area.
I also offer (private or group) prenatal sessions to prepare you for breastfeeding. If you are having an elective C-section for whatever medical reasons and want to learn more about antenatal expression of colostrum, a one-to-one session can be invaluable to teach you how to hand express and get prepared.
Home / Hospital visit (usually 2 hours-1.30, we are on “baby time” so we don’t like to rush or set time limits):
- £140 for initial consultation
- £95 for follow up session (to see how feeding plan is working and make changes as needed)
Consultation at my home Clinic SW19 (usually 2 hours-1.30 more if needed, no time limits):
- £95 for initial consultation
- £60 for follow up session
3 sessions package: £310 includes either:
- 1 antenatal BF preparation session+ 2 postnatal visits (hospital/home) or
- 3 postnatal visits (hospital/home)
We have a 24 hours cancellation policy.
Follow-up phone calls are taken at no additional charge.
I also work with 5 other London Lactation Consultants, please visit our joint website: Breastfeeding London for more information.